Search This Blog

...a glimpse into life on Vancouver Island, needle felting, photography, food, gardening, etcetera...etcetera
"Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and at once you learn how big and precious it is."
Maxim Gorky

Thursday, February 19, 2015

rewind...

...a little look back at some windows and doorways of Paris and southern parts of France...
 Paris
 Burgundy
 Dijon
 Burgundy
 Marseille
 Marseille
Montmarte, Paris
 Champs Élysées, Paris
 Paris
 Aix-en- Provence
 Cezanne's house, Aix-en- Provence
 Chateauneuf de Pape
 Aix-en- Provence
 Aix-en- Provence
 Dijon
 Marseille
 Dijon
 Paris
 Notre Dame
 Paris
 Paris
 Cezanne's house, Aix-en- Provence
 Basillica, Marseille
 Marseille
 Paris
Paris

29 more reasons why I love France.

4 comments:

gz said...

MMMMMM....doors and windows!!!!

Mary said...

What is it about French doors and windows? Is it the shutters? The colors? The old world charm? Maybe just all kinds of wonder rolled into one gorgeous thing.

Cobalt Violet said...

Yay!!! I didn't know you were back on here! I actually haven't been making the rounds recently anyway but I'm so glad!!! Now I can catch up! Some how we always have some bit of synchronicity Kerry ... this time it's France. No, I'm not going but I started seeing someone and he is from Paris. No, not italy! ;)
Anyway, it's new but he is sweet and knows way more about art than me so ... it's also kinda unique for me. Not that I'm some big historian but it's unusual from my past dating situations.

OK, I totally got off on a tangent. The photos are beautiful!!!! Can you go into Cezanne's house? I'm trying to go in order so scrolled down. The doorways are charming and beautiful ... love the ivy and details ... and the signs! I know nothing of france but from photos like these, I don't think anyone else makes such lovely signs!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Mary: I think you're right...the shutters, the iron work, the age...all of it!
Lucinda: Ha Ha...a Frenchman hey? Oh I hope your'e having a bon time with him! You would die in Paris...in a good way! Everywhere you look there is art art and more art! Yes you can go into Cezannes house but no pictures allowed. His studio was absoloutely gorgeous. Floor to ceiling windows along one whole side of the 20 x 20 room and painted the most subtle shade of a muddy grey. Sounds funny but with the natural light it works...one day I hope you can go!